If you have not found a necessary thing in pet stores, for example, a manger for hay, do not worry. You can make the feeder yourself. In today's article we will look at how to make a sennik for rabbits with your own hands. Read, be inspired by ideas and do not be afraid: everything will turn out!
Features of hay feeders
To make your pets feel comfortable, you equip the rabbit cage with everything you need. The rabbit has a drinking bowl, a feeding trough, a tray. Do you need something else? A very useful part of the cell is the sennik. This is a special feeder designed for hay. You can buy it in the store, but you can build it yourself.
Do I need this sennik? Why not just put hay in a regular feeder?
- First, rabbits often scatter hay all over the cage, mixing it with sawdust. With the use of sennik you ensure the purity of the cage.
- Secondly, the rabbit will not be able to sort through food and eat only tidbits. When the blades of grass have to get one by one, willy-nilly, you will have to try all kinds of useful weed.
- For the cage in which several rabbits live, a sennik is generally indispensable. After all, it often happens that the strongest rabbit sits on a hill with hay and drives away the rest. And so all pets feed on equal terms, sitting in a row near the trough.
- Using this device is easier to teach the animal to the toilet. After all, eared specific digestive system. As soon as they begin to chew, their intestines immediately begin to work. Hang a manger for hay over a tray, and cleanliness is assured. In the photo - rabbits, which successfully combine food intake and a visit to the tray.
For agriculture, the sennik is also convenient because you can put a stock of hay in it for several days. For example, if the owner needs to leave for a while, or during the winter period, you will save yourself from having to lay the food every day.
As you can see, such a feeder will have to be in place, whether you have one decorative fluffy, or you are engaged in industrial breeding of rabbits. If you are not satisfied with the store options, build a manger for hay with your own hands. So you can make a feeder of any size and shape.
Types of sennikov
According to the location in the cell senniki are divided into external and internal. Outdoor nurseries are attached to the free mesh side of the cage, as in the photo below. If the size of the cage allows, you can position the feeder with hay inside. But then you need to take care that it was convenient for you to fill the nursery with fresh grass. You can make a hole in the wall or build a hanging feeder from the grid.
Bilateral V-shaped senniki are very convenient, especially for dual cells. As for the size, then everything is individually. Small feeders are convenient for pets, and for industrial breeding rabbits, you can make nurseries across the entire width of the cage. If you decide to build a feeder with your own hands, consider that the sennik is easy to maintain, and select the option that suits you.
Do it yourself
Independent manufacture of feeders - it is quite simple. In addition, it will be less expensive than buying a finished device. If you know how to hold a hammer in your hands, things are easy: stock up on materials and get to work.
What do you need?
Rabbit bosses often use the most common materials that are easy to find. Every decent host has plywood sheets and wooden boards in stock. They also will serve as a basis for future sennik. In addition, you will need additional materials and tools:
- metal mesh with small cells;
- pieces of wire;
- nails, screws;
- Nippers or scissors for metal cutting.
The owners of dwarf rabbits can also make a feeder with their own hands, choosing the right size. Particularly inventive make nursery of scrap materials, such as plastic jars.
Let's take a closer look at how to make a feeding trough of the nursery type with your own hands. To begin, make measurements of the cell and draw a diagram of the future sennik. We will show you how to make an outer and V-shaped feeder. The remaining options can be viewed in the photo gallery. So, we first analyze step-by-step instructions for the manufacture of the external structure.
- Sidewalls do not rectangular, but with a slight extension upwards or in the shape of a triangle. So it will be more convenient for animals to get hay.
- Transfer the outline of the drawing to a sheet of plywood.
- Hacksaw or saw cut two identical parts for the sidewalls and one - the central.
- Connect the parts together with screws.
- Secure the construction to the mesh side of the cage.
If you decide to make a V-shaped feeder, then the course of your work will be next.
- For a double-sided internal sennik (marked with the letter B in the drawing), take a wooden board or a timber 10–15 cm wide, cut out the details of the future feeder. We will need 4 parts for the sides 40 cm long and 3 parts for the top and base 50 cm each.
- Cut two rectangles of 30x40 cm from the metal mesh. These will be the walls through which the rabbits will eat hay.
- Now you need to connect 2 short beams and 1 long letter P.
- Make 2 such parts and connect them to the base at a 45 degree angle. It should be a design in the form of a Latin letter V, as in the photo.
- It remains to attach the mesh to the sides of the sennik and place it in a rabbit dwelling.
As you can see, independent production of a day nursery will take a little time. As a result, you will see how convenient it became to feed the animals and maintain cleanliness in their bays.