With the help of the bee remover, the beekeeper can facilitate his work, since he no longer needs to defend himself from the attack of the bees while working with the hulls. This device helps to remove the striped workers from the case with honey in a short period of time and without much effort. You can buy it, and you can make a beekeeper yourself. What it is and how to do it yourself, read further in the article.
What is a bee remover?
The bee remover works according to a simple principle: it is a kind of valve, with the help of which little laborers find themselves at the bottom of their home and cannot return to their former place. The design is installed in the late afternoon in the hive as a shop, and in the morning the beekeeper can see that the honey body has already been released. To do this, you need to make a simple manipulation: raise the full honey body and put another extension under it with sushiya. A bee remover is put upstairs, and on it is a full honey body. The procedure lasts no more than a minute, and the insects go to a new extension, where nectar is put, and the extension with honey is completely freed from the bees.
The design is equipped with a special strap, which is installed between the bottom and top of the hive.
When the bees are left without a uterus, because of their instincts, they move down, become nervous, and there are signs of panic. In every possible way they try to find an open entrance, which is the bee remover. The principle of operation of the structure is shown in detail in the video "Medosbor".
Advantages of the bee remover:
- You can select honey with a low extension and during a bribe.
- After the completion of the bribe, when the offering is gone and the insects are set up to fight for every drop of honey, at this moment the bee remover provides invaluable help. The extension is not completely full, and the bees are attracted by a lot of unsealed cells.
- In terms of money, this is not an expensive device, moreover, you can make it yourself.
Today, various companies and firms offer a wide range of similar devices. They are made of a variety of materials, and have various forms: square, round, triangular, made of plastic, metal, wood. The most popular is the bee-harrow Vortex, Quebec, Porter, 16-way. It looks like, for example, the construction of the Quebec bee remover can be seen further in the video.
Types of bee remover
- Quebec - has a triangular shape, the thickness of the frame - 25 mm, sometimes 10 mm. The absence of parts that rub is the main advantage of this bee remover. After the honey collection is finished, the frame of the bee remover is placed on the hive, the structure itself is put on it, and the extensions are put on top.
- Vortex is a complicated Quebec beekeeper design that is much more efficient. It has a triangular shape. Further in the article you can read about his principle of work and how to make it yourself.
- Porter - has a rectangular shape and consists of two brass strips that form a wedge. The action is based on when the bee passes into the nest from the store extension, the design moves apart, then returns to its place. Insects can not push the strips in the opposite direction.
The disadvantage of all types of bee remover is the same: honey, which is in the extensions - is cooled. However, it is possible to solve this problem efficiently and without much monetary cost. You can equip the radial fit with a thermal hair dryer, then all the honey will be pumped out. Rape honey can create a problem, however, if its time is taken away, in two days it will not have time to crystallize within.
Making your own hands
The bee remover "Vortex" can be made with your own hands. Work is not difficult, as it may seem, and requires a small investment of time. Such a device in its principle of operation is similar to the work of any bee remover, but the location of the parts and its shape will contribute to a greater influx of insects in one direction. The CDs used in the design do not allow the bees to block the exits; they do not crowd as they slide off the smooth surface of the disk. Also, the CD is a kind of separation screen between insects that are trying to get out of the remover, and those who want to get back into the outlet.
Materials and tools
- plywood sheet - thickness 9 mm;
- a small piece of fine metal or solid plastic mesh;
- 3 pcs. unnecessary cd;
- construction stapler;
- screws, screws, nails.
- We make parts of the bee remover - there are nine in all. From the plywood sheet with a thickness of 9 mm, we cut out three external details of the triangle, which have parameters in length of 260 mm, width - 18 mm. At the ends we make cuts at an angle of 60 °;
- Cut out three small details of the bee remover, 18 mm wide, with a cut at an angle of 30 ° at the ends;
- We cut out three quadrangular details of medium size: the shape is a straight triangle with acute angles of 30 °, the length of the outer side is 100 mm. In the process of making the bee remover, it is necessary to monitor the observance of the required width. This can be done by inserting a piece of plywood between the parts. Care must be taken to ensure that the gap does not turn out already or wider;
- Customize another 9-mm sheet of plywood to the size of the hive;
- We nail, glue or fasten all the details to the plywood sheet;
- In the center of the sheet of plywood we make a hole with a diameter of 33, 28 or 44 mm, depending on what kind of drill the beekeeper has;
- Cut a piece of the grid, as shown in the diagram below;
- We attach the grid with a construction stapler to the top of the remover (see diagram);
- We take three unnecessary CDs, make holes on them and screw them in the corners of the bee remover with the shiny side down, as in the diagram.