A few decades ago, automatic incubators were a kind of luxury and only a dream for most amateur poultry farmers. Such modern installations could be seen only at industrial poultry enterprises. Can not be said about the current time. Today, such a convenient compact incubator can be purchased by anyone.
The automatic incubator today implies the presence of all the necessary functions for a successful and carefree heating of eggs. In order to better deal with his device and way of working, consider one of the popular incubators with automatic egg flipping - Gremilton AF-126. It is intended for breeding both chickens and ducklings, which is convenient enough for novice poultry farmers.Incubator automatic Gremilton AF-126
So, this auto-flip incubator has 3 separate trays with a capacity of up to 42 eggs each. The reversal occurs at a specified time, which is regulated by a digital timer. Inside the incubator, each tray is equipped with cassettes for 7 eggsom each. In the cassettes using the automatic mode, the eggs are inverted by 45 degrees vertically in both directions. The number of coups can be set from 1 to 50 times per day.
Also included in the kit incubator modern thermostat that controls and determines the temperature inside the trays. The minimum error is only + - 0.1 degrees. At the same time, the whole process throughout the entire period of "hatching out" minimizes the interference and the need for human activity.The incubator eliminates the need to open the container, so the temperature is kept constant inside.
Do I need an automatic incubator?
In order to answer this question, let's consider the main function of such a device - turning eggs. Many novice poultry farmers or breeders are interested, why do we need to turn the eggs at all during the incubation process? The fact is that this is a natural and necessary condition for the normal development of the fetus chicken. So does each hen during hatching eggs. Yes, yes, from time to time it turns over its clutch with its beak so that each egg receives the same amount of heat.
The scientific approach to this question explains this by the need to ensure that the resulting fetus does not stick or stick to the membrane. Moreover, regular rollover promotes good and proper protein distribution. So, the fetus receives the maximum amount of nutrients for development. In such conditions, the manifestation of various congenital pathologies is practically excluded.
Today, biologists have adopted a certain standard for all types of hatching eggs. For example, chicken eggs for a good incubation process should turn over at least 3 times a day. It is clear that an automatic incubator will cope with such a function as nothing better.
Today on the market there is a huge selection of a variety of automatic incubator. All of them differ not only in the form, spaciousness, cost-effectiveness of electricity consumption, but also in the way they turn eggs. For example, there are three main ways:
- Rolling eggs - this method involves laying the fruit in the cells on the racks in a horizontal position. When moving the grill back and forth, the eggs automatically roll from place to place. Thus, turning is carried out.
- The rotation of the eggs is roller - in this case all the cells where the eggs are placed have special rollers at the bottom. At a given time, they turn around, thereby, carrying out a revolution of the fruits themselves.
- Inclination - this method allows vertically standing eggs in the cells to rotate 45 degrees in different directions. Tilt trays automatically. This is the principle of operation of incubators most often used in poultry farms.
Not only the incubators themselves differ in the form and method of work, but also the trays inside them. For example, most often they have the form of a grid where a special grid with cells is installed. Such trays can be on 63, 77, 96 or 104 eggs. The grille is tightly attached, so even during movement and turning it eliminates any possibility of damage to the eggs.
For the oblique coup produced other trays. In this case, the lattice is already equipped with additional bumpers that support the egg during movement. In such a tray, the eggs should touch each other tightly, and all possible empty spaces will be filled with foam or cardboard.
If earlier the automatic incubator was a luxury, then today anyone can buy it. Affordability is the first important advantage of such modern devices. Consider all the benefits:
- Convenient shape, compact design;
- Ability to select bookmark volume;
- The presence of a transparent window allows you to control the process of incubation;
- Ventilation is a good flow of air;
- Easy-to-maintain materials (smooth plastic can be washed and easy to disinfect);
- The ability to increase the laying of eggs;
- Automation of incubation, minimal human intervention in the process;
- Easy operation.
As you can see, there are enough advantages to say that this is really a very necessary and useful thing for poultry farmers. However, judging by the reviews, there are some disadvantages.
- Most automatic incubators are designed for closed warm rooms where the air temperature does not fall below 15 degrees. Although many do not consider this fact a minus, since the compactness of the devices allows them to stay even in a small room.
- Horizontal-laying incubators are designed to fill all the cells with eggs. This is not always convenient if there is no need and ability to hatch a lot of chicks.
As they write most of the reviews, which themselves have already tried automatic incubators in practice - this is an indispensable tool. It is not easy to save time and energy, but also helps to make the whole process as productive as possible. All chickens after such a hen hatch healthy and without pathologies. For those who breed poultry, such a device is a real find. Automatic incubator - this is the minimum cost and maximum results!