Bees self-produce their own food - a fact known to all. But in some cases, feeding the people of the hive is simply necessary. And then come to the aid of special feeders for bees.
Feed the toilers in the winter, when there is not enough prepared feed, and in the spring, to increase brood. To make the feeding process simple and not troublesome for the beekeeper, they use troughs of various modifications. The most popular structures are nadramochnye. They are a box of non-corrosive material, such as plastic, aluminum or wood.
The design has 2 compartments. In one cell, the food is placed, and through the other the bees enter the feeder. In the side of the hole make a centimeter hole, so that honey can get to the stern.
The volume of such buildings may be different: from 0.5 to 2 liters. To feed the outside, a hole is made in the lid through which a syrup is poured in a thin stream. The feeder itself is placed under the hive cover, above the frame canvas. In the canvas, too, make a hole in the place where it comes into contact with the passage for insects.
It is very convenient to use this type of supply of additional food, because you do not have to disturb the bee family. At any time you can add feed through the outer hole. In addition, in this design, the food does not freeze, the bees warm it from the bottom. For additional heating, a pillow is placed over the lid.
For terrain with a warm climate, you can use the external feeder. But this option is not suitable for cold weather, as the feed will cool down quickly. But the external design for food is very convenient in terms of adding food: you do not even need to remove the hive cover. The hull of such a building is attached outside to the back wall of the bee house.
For multibody hives, a ceiling bee feeder is perfect. The principle of operation and the form of construction are very similar to the previous version. The only difference is that the container is placed under the ceiling of evidence, so that all insects can freely get to the container with food. And you can start feeding from the first days of autumn.
A large selection of feeders for bees is in specialized stores. However, most of them are not difficult to make yourself. Making it your own hands, you can save on materials using available tools. And you can build a tank for feeding under the features of the hive, the number of bee families and other factors.
From plastic bottle
Perhaps the bottle feeder is the most affordable option for those who want to make the tool for feeding themselves. The material will find, perhaps, at all. The process of manufacturing itself does not take much time. However, it will need to be replaced often, because plastic quickly loses its properties.
Materials and tools
For a reliable bottle feeder you will need:
- strong plastic capacity on 1,5 or 2 liters;
- To make such a simple design for food, we need a regular stud. They we will make holes, as shown in the video.
- For convenience, the tip of the nail should be heated over the fire. Then the circumference of the holes will be flat.
- Holes should be 1-1.5 cm in diameter. The larger the holes, the faster the feed will flow out.
- In the ceiling of the hive jigsaw need to cut a round hole equal to the size of the bottle.
- Before you pour the syrup into the bottle, you need to glue all the holes with scotch tape. By the way, it can be used to adjust the number of holes if the syrup flows out too quickly. In the video you can see in detail all the steps of the process.
Another option for simple and quick production of the feed tank is to make it from foam plastic. Such a trough is simple in design, and we will need ordinary available materials for it. There is a free sheet of foam, then feel free to make this option.
Materials and tools
- a cone-shaped plastic container with a diameter of about 20 cm;
- 3 cm thick piece of foam;
- a piece of natural fabric (chintz fits well).
- From the foam you need to cut a circle equal to the diameter of the tank. Conveniently cut it with a hot knife blade.
- Fit the foam circle exactly to the size of the plastic container.
- It is necessary to make holes 7 mm in diameter along the center of the circle, and make grooves from the outside.
- On the sides we make 4 grooves with a depth of 05 cm.
- Connect the details of the cotton fabric to make the filter, securing it with an elastic band.
- The fabric filter should evenly pass the syrup. If the feed is too fast, an additional layer of fabric can be secured.
- Turn the structure upside down, fix it in the hive using the grooves in the foam disc.