Chickens, as a type of domestic birds, are considered quite hardy and healthy. They are not particularly susceptible to various viruses, mostly unpretentious in maintenance and care. However, it does not do, of course, without diseases.
Especially modern owners began to complain that a chicken has a tumor on its paw or eye. To solve this trouble, it is necessary to study well all possible causes, as well as methods of its treatment.
On the paw
Let us say at once that a tumor on the paws may arise due to a banal bruise or a blow, which is quite often the case if birds walk in the wild. Of course, in this case there is no threat to the hen, except for the inconvenience of movement. In such cases, it is enough to slightly bandage the paw with a healing ointment, as in time the chicken will already run again. Another thing, if the tumor - the consequences of serious ailments associated either with improper feeding and maintenance, or with infection or virus. Let's talk about it in more detail.
So, the causes of the tumor on the limbs of a chicken can be several:
- One of the first is the wrong content and poor care. For example, such problems often arise if the flooring is too hard. Birds, when walking around a lot, just rub their paws.
- Unsanitary conditions. What does it mean? The presence of large amounts of liquid contaminants causes the spread of viruses, germs, fungi and infections. They often infect the paws of chickens and cause tumors.
- Also the cause of the problem can be a mite, especially scabies.
- If all the previous reasons are not suitable and you, as the owner, are faced with a tumor on the limb of a bird, then this may be the result of a disturbed metabolism. Or, in the worst case, a more serious illness.
Naminas and gout
- Naminas are a common occurrence in many species of domestic and wild birds, if they spend a long time on solid soil or sit on tight dry perches. This also applies to chickens, which is why their paws often coarsen, become covered with a thick, cornified layer and swell up the tumors.
- Sometimes on paws dense nodules with purulent discharges are formed. This is the result of articular gout, which occurs as a result of a violation of the kidneys and congestion in the blood.
Solution to the problem
- Cleaning. If the tumor is the result of improper maintenance and poor hygienic conditions of the room, then it is easy to guess that the first method to solve the problem is cleaning. The cells and the hens should be carefully removed, cleaned of dirt and disinfected the room. Birds during the procedure should be released into the fresh air.
- Inspection of paws and bringing them to a clean state. So, the room is clean, now you need to clean and "feet" in chickens. They need to be washed in warm water, if there is a purulent tumor, with the help of a puncture, the liquid must be removed and the paw washed with hydrogen peroxide and bandaged with Vishnevsky ointment. A couple of days to re-inspection.
- Proper litter. If the cause of the tumor is Namina because of the hard floor, then you need to make a suitable litter, for example, pour in some sand or sawdust and spread the straw. On the perch for sitting you can fill the felt. In such cases, naminas and tumors well treat ointments, for example, syntomycin and tetracycline.
- Remove ticks, kurnik processing. If a tick is detected, it is necessary to immediately treat the entire room where the chickens live. Remove it from the affected area using a warm bath with the addition of potassium permanganate and a few drops of kerosene.
- Proper nutrition. In the case when the tumor is the result of gout, then the establishment of a bird's diet will help to cure it. Sick chicken is deposited in a separate room, heavily given vitamin A, germinated grain, use antibiotics and local preparations.
In any case, no matter how terrible the tumors look, with the right and timely decision, they are not capable of causing the death of the bird.
On the eye
Another rather unpleasant kind of problem is on the eye. Her appearance always causes excitement and a question to the breeders of chickens - why can it be and how to get rid of it?
So, there can be several causes of an eye tumor:
- Chicken typhus is one of the most dangerous diseases caused by Salmonella pathogens. The disease is accompanied by inflammation of the eyes, as well as damage to the digestive system. Without timely treatment in 25% of the chicken die.
- Inflammation of the lacrimal ducts. May occur as a result of mechanical damage to the eye or due to dirt.
- A number of diseases, for example, infectious laryngotracheitis, sinusitis, chlamydia. All these ailments are accompanied by certain symptoms.
- Lack of vitamin A. It also very often causes inflammation and swelling of the eyes.
Solution to the problem
So, if you find a tumor in a chicken eye, you should immediately determine its cause. It is clear that the treatment of infectious diseases will require a lot of effort.
- Hygiene kurnik, disinfection of the room. In order for birds to have similar problems with ticks or other pathogens, they must live in a clean, dry room. Sometimes a solution to a problem is possible only with good cell disinfection and even with the help of burning walls and ceilings.
- Treatment of diseases. If the tumor is the result of the disease, the sick bird must be isolated from the rest of the chickens and start its treatment.
- Good food, quality food. With good nutrition in chickens strong immunity, so they get sick less often.
If you are unable to determine the source of the problem yourself, the bird should be shown to the veterinarian.