Partridge is one of the favorite wild birds and occupies a worthy place in the cooking of our country. Of course, now the place of game has been more driven out by poultry. But if you are an avid hunter, or simply breed game, then you will certainly need to know how to pluck a partridge. We would like to share with you some of the most famous methods.
What are some ways to pluck a bird?
Like any other bird, the partridge must be plucked and gutted before cooking. It is not so difficult, although in size it is significantly inferior to the usual chicken or duck. The feathers of partridges are not used, so we can safely throw them in the garbage can. How to properly remove the feathers without damaging the skin, let's look in more detail.
The partridge is very easy to pluck in the usual dry way if the bird is still warm and has just been killed. This method is suitable if you breed birds in the household. If some time has passed, it does not matter either. After cooling down after a certain period, feathers are also easily removed. But in the interval between these periods the game is plucked badly.
So what do we need to do? In fact, nothing special:
- Put the carcass on a convenient table, turning the belly up.
- We also start with the breast, grabbing one feather at a time to pull against the growth. Having seized several feathers, we do not recommend pulling them in the direction of growth, as you can damage the skin.
- After the breast is cleaned, go to the wings and tail. It is not very easy to give feathers to pulling, so it makes sense to be patient or use special tongs.
- The back is also cleared, as is the brisket.
- Go to the feet. Here everything that has been cleansed is good, the rest is dazzled by the fire.
- If down and feathers still remain on the tips of the wings or on the legs themselves, this is not terrible, since these parts are cut off.
Partridge plucked, then you can go to her gut.
This is another option of how to quickly and effortlessly rid the bird of a wild bird from feathers. This method, we note, is especially good if the game has already cooled.
- First of all, we prepare, so to speak, a bath - we take a comfortable basin and heat the water.
- Then we pour water into the container and lower it, holding the poultry carcass of the bird for a few seconds in the basin. Do not hold for a long time, it is enough to hold for 5-7 seconds several times.
- If after that the feathers are still poorly removed, hold in boiling water for 1-2 minutes.
- After water procedures, the skin is allowed to cool and proceed to plucking feathers. Just like during the dry process, we start with the breast, sharply, but not strongly pulling in the direction against the growth.
Within a few minutes you will be holding in your hands an absolutely “bare” partridge. Now it remains the case for small things: pitch and clean hemp, gut and find a recipe for tasty cooking poultry.
If you have familiar hunters, or you yourself often go to the nearest steppe for partridges, then you are familiar with this “field” variant of cleaning the carcass from feathers - along with the skin. This method is called hunting, because then many of their captured trophies are made stuffed. If you also want to pluck a partridge from the feathers and clean it from the skin at the same time, then repeat the following instructions:
- Make cuts near the paws, cut off the head and wings, and, taking the skin from the paws, gently but strongly pull upwards, as if removing such a stocking.
- In this way it is well cleaned, both freshly caught and cooled carcass.