The problem of transportation of birds and pets is quite relevant today. This problem is always faced by farmers, because birds and livestock in large quantities need to bring to the farm. Then, if the vet can not come, then the bird and other animals need to carry to him. As we can see, for one reason or another, we will still have to deal with such a problem. How to transport birds and animals without harm to them, read further in the article.
Ways to transport birds and animals
You can transport your pets in different ways. If these are small animals or birds, then there should be no problems with their transportation. He locked them in a cage, closed the cage with a dark and not very dense fabric, put it in the car and drove where necessary. It should be remembered that the fabric should not be too dense, otherwise the animal or bird may suffocate. Also in the car cage should be well fixed. To do this, just put it in the back seat of the car and fasten it with seat belts.
If we talk about dogs and cats, then there will be no problems with the first, and the second will become heavier. Dogs will happily ride along with you in the car and will be immensely grateful if the glass on the door near which they sit will be lowered. But you also need to fix them with seat belts, and then suddenly the animal wants to jump out of the car at full speed. Cats are a little harder to transport. For their transportation will need a special portable enclosure. But if you get such an aviary once, you can forget about the problems of transporting various animals.
Well, and how to transport chickens, if we say they have quite a lot? Well, there can not do without special boxes for poultry. At first glance, they resemble a simple plastic food container. But this container for a live bird still closes on top of the lid. From 2 to 5 birds can fit in one box. Such boxes are stacked one on top of the other in the same way as product packaging. Then, you need to purchase another small trailer to your car and put boxes with a bird on it.
You can also get a specially equipped car for this purpose. For these needs there are small cars with a built-in trailer. But there may be universal cars, on which the trailer can be changed, depending on whom we need to transport. Of course, in this case you have to fork out, but the purchase is worth it. Models of cars smaller and sharpened only for one type of animal will cost much less than cars with removable trailers. But in the second case, we get a universal car for transportation of various types of animals and birds.
We use the services of custom transportation
If the above options do not suit you, then you can call and arrange transportation with one of the companies that works in the field of transportation in your area. She will provide the car and driver that best suits your needs. But it should be remembered that in these organizations there are a number of rules, knowing that you can avoid many awkward situations. We give some of these rules.
- Animals or birds should be well fed before transportation.
- The driver who carries the car must drive slowly and carefully.
- Stops during transportation may be only in the case of inspection of animals or when feeding them.
- The body of a car for transportation of poultry and animals must be equipped with special equipment and compartments.
- There should not be any sharp objects or irregularities in the body that can harm animals or birds.
- For transportation of livestock and poultry, in addition to the driver, the forwarder must also go. This rule applies only to long distance transport.
- The driver and the freight forwarder need to issue all necessary documents and clothing before shipment.
- During transportation, the bird must be placed in special cages, and the cattle must be prevented from moving on the trailer. To do this, it is tied to the sides or locked in the compartments, if any.
- If an animal has suffered during transportation, the driver or freight forwarder should immediately report to the veterinarian and shipper.
- If the animal died during the carriage and the driver or forwarder’s fault was brought, then all the losses are paid by the organization that placed the freight on.
As you can see, the rules are pretty simple. It is not worth worrying about your charges when using the services of carriers. They are solely responsible for your animals, which they took to transport, and in their interests, so that they get to their destination safe and sound. Therefore, you can safely use their services.