Would you like to make your apiary the most productive? Then the first thing you need to pay attention to is the finding of queens in early spring, the video of which you can see in our article. What you need to know about this difficult and scrupulous exercise? What conditions and what sequence should be followed at a conclusion? Read the answers to these questions further in the article.
What does every beekeeper need to know about early brood?
Almost every beekeeper asserts that hatching in the springtime is not a very good job. According to the literature, such individuals are very weak and there is no sense in them, therefore they are completely rejected. But why is this happening, everyone is silent. However, after long experiments, some beekeepers still managed to achieve very good results. Therefore, we can safely say that it is possible and even necessary to carry out a successful conclusion if you want to increase the productivity of the apiary.
And now let's look at the reasons that prevent us from successfully carrying out the withdrawal procedure. This is primarily bad weather. As the textbooks write, for a successful conclusion an ambient temperature of at least +24 degrees Celsius is needed. And where to get it in early spring, when on the street a maximum of +20? Of course, such a prospect for inexperienced beekeepers becomes an unsolvable task.
The second reason is the weakness of the queens thus derived. There will be little sense from them, but there is a lot of trouble. Therefore, if you are not confident in your abilities, then it is better not to engage in an early conclusion. Well, now let's consider how to make this difficult task a reality. So, as has already been said, this is a troublesome and difficult matter, but if everything works out, the output will be greater, at least twice. The video below shows how to conduct an early hatch.
90% of the success of early hatching depends on the beekeeper himself, and only 10% fall on circumstances that cannot be affected in any way. It is also worth remembering that the quality of the breeding material should be the highest. This aspect has already been brought to practice many times. He says that even with the correct and timely work of the beekeeper, the quality and quantity of the product depends on him only by 50%, and the remaining 50% is the quality of the queens.
Then the success of the case is also more dependent on the method of hatching. After all, your main task is to get a strong and developed uterus, which, with the right content, should fly around even in bad weather conditions. It is often difficult to ensure that it flies over to its physiological timeline in early spring, and some even argue that this cannot be done. But this is far from the case. Now a few words about how to display a queen is impossible or undesirable.
The first is not recommended method of withdrawal is when families are divided and fistulous uterus. This method is not suitable for early withdrawal, as there is no guarantee of the quality of new queens. The second option is not recommended - this is when one or a couple of families are introduced into a swarm, and then their queen cells are transferred to other families. But if at the same time we put queen cells in the layers, then there is no guarantee for getting good queens. You can, however, go the other way.
We make a withdrawal on one fetal uterus, and we put the mother liquor in the family, which is considered the main one. Then the quality of the product will be high, but early bribes will be missed. This option is considered more or less acceptable, but still it is not desirable to use it. The hassle will be no less than with the withdrawal of queens in the warm season, and the result will remain almost the same. Finally, we say that a significant proportion of success also depends on the layers, where the mother liquor or the young uterus will be placed. Further, the second part of the video about the early withdrawal of the bee-maids.
The fact is that a full-fledged and strong family cares and feeds the uterus. This helps her to develop in time and not lose anything. Of course, some sources may argue that the maternal individual feed well and itself. Yes it is, but she also receives additional care from the family. If there is no such withdrawal, it will be developed poorly and out of time, which will negate the entire early conclusion.
Conditions and sequence of withdrawal
For successful withdrawal of queens, we need to clearly know what and how, and most importantly, in what sequence we need to do. Then you need to withstand all the conditions for the withdrawal of high quality queens. Only by observing all these moments can we count on success. And now let's take a closer look at what and how to do and what conditions are necessary for success.
What and how to do?
- We divide the hive with a special Hahnemannian lattice. Examine it and find the frame with the uterus. We transfer the frame to the block where there is no primary family. This block should consist of four frames, two of which are filled with top dressing (prig and honey), and two - containing brood. We keep the bee mother in such conditions for about a week. Then add another 4 frames containing printed brood.
- After the passage of 5 days from the time the uterus is removed from the parent families, we divide the remaining families in half with the Ganeman lattice. 9 days after separation, brood seed is sealed in a layer without a maternal individual and then this part can be used as a layer.
- At this stage, you will need an isolator for one frame. To do this, we pre-cook sushi from the whole, but do not fill it with perga and honey. Next, we put this dry with a frame in an insulator and after 7 days we transfer the uterus there. So, for 2 days she will lay eggs there. These eggs will produce strong and healthy offspring.
- Cooking another hive. We put there 4 frames, where the uterus used to be, dry and womb from an insulator. Add to the honeycomb half a liter of water. After some time, brood and bees are added here, this is how we get layering.
- We take out honeycombs with eggs from the insulator and carry them to a warm room where thinning will be carried out. For this procedure, you can use ordinary matches. We cut the honeycomb into strips and crush two out of every three eggs with a match. We attach the resulting strips to the four grafting frames. We place these frames in the hive with the maternal family so that they alternate with 2-3 ordinary frames. We observe the development of eggs for three days.
- After three days, we transfer the frames with the eggs to the areas of the hive that were previously separated from the uterus. Hive while divided in half. But you need to leave 1 vaccination frame in the main family.
- As it will take 11 days from the time the uterus is deposited in the isolator, the layouts can already be placed in new hives and removed at the points. It should be remembered to divide the parent families into two layers, which then also put on the point. If the queen cells remain, they are placed in the cells and stored as a spare material.
Conditions for the withdrawal of quality queens
- Breeding material must be purchased on proven breeding apiaries and its quality must be undeniable.
- When breeding, it is necessary to give a seven-day rest to the uterus, isolating it from the main bees. Then her eggs will be large and strong offspring.
- In the queen cells on the grafting frames, you need to maintain a temperature of +32 degrees Celsius. The humidity should be in the range of 75-90%. Experienced experts recommend using Aerothermostats for uterine hatching. Then it will not be difficult to maintain the necessary conditions.
- Mandatory even distribution of queen cells among bee colonies. Then they will be fully fed with royal jelly, and their development will be full and timely. For such a growing process, half of the hives are fenced off, which then become layering.