Each person chooses for himself what to do in his personal plot. Who is engaged in vegetable gardens, and who begins to breed poultry, small and cattle, but there are also rabbits that give a person tender meat and soft, warm fur. To start their breeding, you need to review a lot of information, and first of all decide - exactly where they will be contained. For this, the sheds are best suited for rabbits, which we will discuss later in the article.
Design features and content
Let's first define what these buildings are. Sheds are a certain number of small cells attached to each other in the form of bunk batteries. That is, one row of cells is located above the other, and through a small distance (corridor) there is the same row. All this is covered with flooring, which does not allow precipitation to fall inside the building. According to the rules, the corridor should be 1 m wide, but each owner selects this value for himself.
The basis of the shed structure is a rectangular frame, which can be made from wood or metal profile. In the frame itself, cells are created in two rows on both sides of the building. The floor can be made entirely of galvanized mesh with small cells; wooden slats, stuffed from each other at a distance of one and a half centimeters; or to combine a dense wooden bottom on 3/4 square of a floor with a grid on 1/4. The essence of such a building is the ability to conveniently and quickly clean the cells from the stool of rabbits.
Cell sizes may vary. The smallest will have a length of not less than 60 cm, in such cells you can keep young. For females and males, the cage length must be at least 1 m. For the rabbit, the aviary must be divided into two sections, which will be connected by a hole. In the smaller part of the female will be a nest of hay, where she will breed her offspring.
On the front of the cage, there is a drinking trough, a net recess for hay and grass. You can also make a cut in the tree itself and insert metal plates into it, where the grain is put, the feed and water is poured. The main feature of keeping rabbits in sheds is that animals have a constant light source and fresh air in the warm period, but there is no draft. In winter, the Shedov building must be insulated with straw mats, double walls with foam plastic, or additional cages of the same type should be found in barns.
This type of rabbit content has a lot of positive qualities.
- Each person will be able to design them himself and make a shed for a certain number of heads.
- Not so much material is needed for this building as for the outer cage, and at the same time the construction period will also be small.
- By properly planning all animal care processes, you can increase farm productivity.
- The content of young and adult individuals occurs in individual cages, thereby achieving maximum utilization of the entire shed space.
But do not think that there are no flaws in this way of keeping rabbits. Only one minus, but it is important. In the cold season, the water in the drinkers freezes, as in the non-insulated sheds the air temperature is only a few degrees higher. Therefore, craftsmen invented the winter for the wall-shields, which cover the frame, which gives the preservation of heat in the room.
How to make sheds yourself?
If you look at the photo of the shed, then there may be questions and thoughts that it is simply impossible to make such a building yourself. But it is not. It is important to find the drawings of the Shedov system and carefully consider them. It is also worth watching videos of farmers who have already made such constructions themselves. There is nothing difficult there, and every man is able to do it with his own hands.
Tools and materials
For the construction of the shed it is necessary to purchase a strong steel or galvanized grid, wooden bars, strips, slats and roofing (slate, sheet metal or transparent polycarbonate). Scissors for metal, glue, angles, nails or screws, a hammer, a screwdriver, a hacksaw, a level and a tape measure will also be needed.
- First, create a rectangular frame with your own hands. It is important to do everything with the use of the level so that later there will be no difficulty in creating the cells themselves; any curvature will lead to the fact that the whole building can simply be formed.
- Then, on both sides of the framework, the basis of the future cells is created. With the help of bars we make two levels, the height of each stand should be 50 cm. There should also be a space between the lower and upper cells, there will be metal gutters along which the feces of rabbits will flow. The bottom of the lower cage should be at a height of 60 cm from the ground. Dampness will not fall into the nest.
- We form the bottom of future cells from wooden slats, they are packed at a distance of 1.5 cm from each other. This will allow the rabbit cage to stay clean almost all the time.
- After that, it is necessary to cut the grid into rectangles in order to close the back wall, one sidewall and the front one, which will serve as a door. It is necessary to fill the grid only from the outer part of the timber and to do it quite tightly. This will allow not to injure the paws of animals, and no predator such as a marten and a ferret will climb into the cage from the street.
- The door to the cage with his own hands is also easy. The grid is stuffed onto a rectangular base and attached to the main frame with loops. We fasten the bolt or lock.
- Sennik can be done in two ways. The first option is to fill it from the side, near the door. The second is between the cells using a grid with large cells. Thus, rabbits in both closets will be able to eat hay or grass.
- It remains to cover the shed from above with slate or any other flooring. The roof should be made at a small angle, which will give a good runoff of water.
The floor in the room can be concreted, while making gutters for draining sewage, which will be collected in the bottom under the cells. But many farmers do not do this, thus, no urine stagnation occurs, and, accordingly, there is no disgusting smell.
As you can see, such a system of building cages for keeping rabbits is simple. For a better concept, you can view the video, how to build a farmer's shed with your own hands, based on the same drawings.Photo 1. Shed design drawing Photo 2. Construction on 6 cells Photo 3. A boy near rabbits in sheds